Become a Member
We invite those individuals who share the Institute's interests, whether professionally or avocationally, to participate in the Hunt Institute Associates program.
Regular Associates ($40) receive acknowledgment in the Bulletin and the following benefits:
- An email announcement when the Bulletin PDF is available on our Web site
- Either the issue of Huntia, the Institute's journal of botanical history, or the art exhibition catalogue(s) published during the year of membership (another publication will be substituted if item of choice is not published during the membership year)
- Discounts on all Institute (sole imprint) publications and on some works published under joint imprint: 25% discount on a purchase of up to 4 publications and 40% discount on purchase of 5 or more publications
- A 25% discount on stationery items reproduced from works in the Institute's collections
- Announcements about upcoming exhibitions
- Preferential eligibility for sale of duplicate books and unaccessioned artworks
- Preferential query service
- A 25% discount on PDFs for research purposes
- Behind-the-scenes tours by appointment
Patron Associates ($100), Sustaining Associates ($500) and Benefactor Associates ($1000) receive the above benefits plus:
- Both Huntia and the art exhibition catalogue(s) published during the year of membership
- Tax deductions ($40 for Patron, $440 for Sustaining, and $940 for Benefactor)
We also offer gift memberships in the Associates program. We can send an announcement card to you or directly to the recipient of the membership.
2018 Associates Program
To review the 2018 Associate benefits, please see the 2018 Associates Program brochure PDF. To join, renew or give a gift membership for 2018, please complete and return the brochure. The brochure PDF can be filled in online using Acrobat Reader. Please note that some earlier versions of Acrobat Reader will not save completed documents. If you encounter problems, you may need to download the latest version from Adobe. However, since email and email attachments are not secure methods of submitting credit-card information, you will need to print the completed form, add payment information by hand and then mail or fax the form to us or call with your order. Payment is in U.S. dollars only. We do not accept bank transfers. Check and money-order payments must be mailed. We accept MasterCard and Visa. Your privacy is very important to us. We do not sell or distribute our mailing lists. Associate Membership is by calendar year, with term of membership lasting from January to December regardless of when you join. The deadline for joining or renewing for 2018 membership is 1 September 2018. The publications available as membership benefits are those issues or catalogues published during the year of membership.